Sunday, September 5, 2010

Legal Age for Dating

My cousin told me about her new roommate in Macau. She was an 18 year old girl from Guangdong, China and she tells my cousin that her father had told her that the legal age for dating was 24. My cousin finds this mandate preposterous

Honestly, people should start dating as soon as they can. I only started at 23, so I don't have that much experience at it, and therefore I am not very skilled either. And it's not like I didn't want to start dating earlier, and this may come as a surprise, but I was just never successful at it.

So I say abolish the legal age for dating in Guangdong, or at least lower it to 18.

Heck, I didn't get to socialize with members of the opposite sex until I was 15 (kindergarten not withstanding, you sickos!) thanks to an all-boys education. You'd think 3 years to get acclimated with the rulers of men's Universe is enough. It ain't... but you gotta start somewhere, so I believe 18 is a good, legal number. At least (in China) you can participate in drinking and other more exciting activities by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment