Sunday, January 30, 2011

Couver Town: Day 1


The flight to Vancouver was pleasant enough. I watched Despicable Me, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World and Inception. Oh, and I squeezed in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm for good measure. Despicable Me was very sweet, Scott Pilgrim was uber cool with very innovative film direction and Inception is just a modern masterpiece.

A few things I noticed about Vancouver upon touching down:

1) I noticed more Jellyfish at the airport than white people.
2) I only heard perhaps 2 announcements at the airport that was in English. The rest were in Chinese, Korean, Tagalog and Tamil. Yep, not even a French announcement.
3) Customs officers were strict, yet ultimately friendly and courteous.
4) The air quality in Vancouver is superb, and even though it's cold here, it just doesn't feel as scratchy.
5) There're so many Asians here, there were numerous occasions that the thought "it's like we never left" popped into my head.
6) There are Asian malls everywhere, even one nestled amongst Metrotown, the largest mall complex in Burnaby.
7) With that said, the Asian girls here are generally attractive. Maybe it's the water, maybe it's the cold.
8) On the rare occasion that I spot a non-Asian Canadian, they're also considerably attractive.
9) I like it here so far, although I have yet to step out of my hotel since Dim Sum.
10) And apparently it rains a lot here.

That's all for now, more to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment